Rogue Engineering is proud to introduce our E46 M3 X-Pipe (Version 2) exhaust midpipe. A perfect compliment to our E46 M3 Rasp Pipe and El Diablo exhaust system.
X Marks the Spot
We're excited to finally release information on our much anticipated Section 2 X-Pipe for the E46 M3. Like all RE products, we wanted to ensure that our new section 2 x-pipe was both high quality as well as functional.
Whereas the factory section 2 utlitizes two 60mm diameter tubes, with a "H" crossover and small resonator, the RE X-pipe maximizes gas velocity by merging the two smaller tubes into one larger 76mm tube before splitting back into two before the rear muffler. This efficient system allows for gas velocity to equalize from cylinders 1-3 and 4-6, before entering the muffler chamber. This exhaust merge improves sound as well as gas velocity.
Look! It's magic!
As an added feature, we've incorporated an external "dump" at the end of the X-pipe for total user controllable sound. The optional EVC valve allows the user to control the exhaust sound from stock (completely closed) to racebike loud (completely open) from within the inside of the vehicle. The user has the option of any variable position (partially open), controlling the exhaust volume and flow. It takes less than 3 seconds to fully open to fully closed.
Rogue Engineering X-Pipe Section 2 (Version 2)
The RE X-Pipe is made to fit exactly like factory. Features of RE X-pipe include:
- Weighs only 12 lbs. with included blockoff plate (factory is 22 lbs.)
- Optional Electronic Valve Control (EVC) valve allows for user controlled exhaust sound levels with touch of a switch (designed to be mounted inside the cabin, with a discreet momentary switch)
- 100% T-304 stainless steel, full TIG welded construction.
- Version 2 now incorporates a 2-piece design allow for integration of the Rogue Engineering E46 M3 TRACK Exhaust
- Includes all hardware require to mount to aftermarket exhausts.
- Will not change ground clearance
- Will not void factory warranty
- Will not affect emissions
- No permanent modifications required for installation
The optional EVC sound control kit includes the following:
- US-made EVC Valve (6061-T6 Aluminum body and plate, stainless steel butterfly/shaft, High Temp Steel Gears)
- Custom wiring harness, specifically designed for internal console mounting in E46 M3. All you need is power and ground source for wiring.
- Custom momentary rocker switch
- Hardware and gaskets for mounting valve to RE X-Pipe.
- Stainless steel downturn exhaust tip (diverts exhaust gases towards the ground)
- Valve carries a 4-year warranty from the valve manufacturer.