Our famous Rear Shock Mounts are now available in Monoball version! These have the same features of our RSMs, but instead of rubber bushings, a high quality spherical bearing. This eliminates the movement and "slop" of the rubber.
Not just for "racers", these are for people that want only the best quality parts on their BMW. Not all spherical bearings mean harsh rides in the cabin. A stiff spring rate has more to do with the ride quality than a spherical bearing mount such as these. Actually, if you run a front camber plate, you already run a spherical bearing component on your vehicle.
Rogue Engineering Monoball Rear Shock Mount Set includes:
- Two (2) Rogue Engineering 6061-T6 CNC, Anodized Rear Shock Mounts assembled with US-made spherical bearings.
- Four (4) Yellow Zinc plated M8 serrated lock nuts
- Two (2) Shock Tower Reinforcement Assemblies (with 10.9 hardware welded)
- Two (2) factory gaskets
- Two (2) Black short bearing spacers for 10mm shocks (top of RSM)
- Two (2) Black tall bearing spacers for 10mm shocks (bottom of RSM)
- Two (2) Blue short bearing spacers for 12mm shocks (top of RSM)
- Two (2) Blue tall bearing spacers for 12mm shocks (bottom of RSM)
Protection and Quick Installation/Removal
Another unique feature is the reinforcement assembly which secures the rear shock mount to the vehicle. By reinforcing the top of the shock tower in the vehicle, it protect against the rear shock from ripping out the sheet metal.
The Rogue Engineering MONOBALL Rear Shock Mounts are designed to be used with standard 10mm or 12mm shaft diameter shocks (shocks typically with top adjustments) with the included hardware. Additionally, the reinforcement has its hardware welded to it, allowing for the rear shock mount to become a bottom-mount design. This means that if the rear shocks need to be removed, it only requires removing the two nuts and the single bolt at the bottom of the shock. Once installed, there is no need to completely disassemble the trunk area to gain access. If being used with a rear strut tower brace, the reinforcement assembly may be mounted from the bottom, so that the rear shock mount can be secured in the traditional manner.
BMW OEM Shocks
KW Variant 1, 2, 3
Bilstein HD, Sport, PSS Coilvers
All AST 4XXX/5XXX Series
TC Kline S/A or D/A
The above list is meant as a guide. If your application is not listed, measuring the OD of the rear shock shaft will determine how the RE RSM will need to be used to fit.
Fits the following vehicles:
- All E30, including M3
- All E36, including M3, Z3 and 318ti
- All E46, including M3
- All Z4, including MZ4