Inventory available Spring 2022. Taking backorders only. Orders will be fill in order they have been received.
Rogue Engineering is proud to introduce our MZ4 DIABLO exhaust. A cursory glance at the exhaust easily shows how this exhaust excels in both performance while saving weight. However, a closer look will show the pure artistry of its construction and elements of unique design.
A very unique exhaust for a very unique vehicle
Like the successful E46 M3 Diablo exhaust, the MZ4 Diablo exhaust is designed to compliment the high-revving engine concept which BMW has implemented into the M brand vehicles as of late. This means that the exhaust note will not only sound good at low RPMs, but also at the high RPM limit of the engine. Additionally, MZ4 Diablo will improve performance at high RPMs with its straight-through muffler design.
It's not like Rogue Engineering to rest on its laurels when it comes to development of any performance product. In fact, we are typically the first to market of product in many instances. However, when it came to the MZ4 exhaust, we were definitely NOT the first ones on the block. By last count, there were at least 4-5 different exhaust for the MZ4.
The Rogue Engineering E85 MZ4 Diablo replaces the stock BMW rear mufflers (shown in orange) using all factory mounting points.
MZ4 Diablo Features
The RE MZ4 Diablo is made to fit exactly like factory. Features of MZ4 Diablo include:
- Weighs only 14.5 lbs. per side, 7.5 lbs. less than the factory muffler! (total savings of 15 lbs.)
- 100% T-304 stainless steel construction and internals
- Fully mandrel bent tubing, no crimps or flattened areas
- Mil-finished pipes and muffler, mirror polished stainless steel Rogue Engineering Club Sport quad 80mm tips.
- Full TIG welded construction, no lock seams or pinch welds.
- Factory-like hangers for OEM fit (no cutting, bending, or welding required)
- Rogue Engineering logo tastefully stamped in the body of the muffler
- Flow-through design does not create muffler "hot spots" found on chambered mufflers
- Optimized tubing sizes and minimized bends maintain exhaust velocity without compromising necessary backpressure
- Deep, throaty tone.
- Will not change ground clearance
- Will not void factory warranty
- Will not affect emissions
- No permanent modifications required for installation
Compliment this item with optional E85 Midpipe and MZ4-pipe available.
All Stainless Steel is the same, right? WRONG!
All Rogue Engineering Diablo exhaust are produced using only 100% full T-304 stainless steel because of its consistent strength characteristics, corrosion resistance, and wide range of materials (important for controlling sound and exhaust flow).
Beware of some companies that pre-coat their exhaust products with "thermal coatings". In fact, they may be hiding inferior stainless steel or inferior welding processes. Rogue Engineering Diablo exhausts are always TIG welded and never coated.
Some companies have chosen to build their "stainless steel" exhausts with Grade 409 stainless, because it is less expensive than 304. While Grade 409 will resist atmospheric and exhaust gas corrosion, a light surface rust will form is most all atmospheres.
Installation of the MZ4 Diablo requires no cutting or welding as it requires the removal of the factory rear mufflers. Installation time is approximately 45 minutes. No new gaskets or hardware is required.