Even though the more modern BMWs have transitioned away from wishbone style front control arms since the E46, the Front Thrust Arm Bushings (FTABs) used in the newer style suspension arms are still prone to failure. The degradation in the bushing's lifespan can lead to things such as front end clunking, brake shimmy, as well as loss of steering precision.
The Rogue Engineering Front Tension Arm Bushings replace the factory rubber bushings with ball joints and machined aluminum housings. The ball joints feature rubber boots to keep out dirt and road debris from contaminating the bearing.
The Rogue Engineering FTAB benefits include:
- Made in USA, 6061-T6 CNC'd aluminum
- 303 Stainless steel inserts
- Rubber-sealed ball joints for quiet operation
- Improved steering responsiveness without NVH
- Reduced brake shimmy (especially for those at the track and/or using big brake kits)
Sold as a pair.
While there is no particular wrong direction to install these bushings, we find that using a little grease on the outside of the bushing and pressing the bushing in starting with the factory chamfer (shown by the red arrow) can make the installation easier.
This product fits the following vehicles:
- E9X M3, including Coupe, Sedan and Convertible
- E9X 3-series 325i, 328i, 330i, 336d, 335i (RWD only, not for X-Drive)
- E82 1 M Coupe, 128i, 135i
- F8X M2/M3/M4
- F2X 228/230/M235/M240
- F3X 328/330/335/428/430/435/440
- Z4 sDrive28i, sDrive30i, sDrive35i/is