The Coolest Quick Release Hub Made (new Version 2!)
While building a BMW racecar recently, we were turned onto this innovated quick release steering wheel hub we had to offer it to our quality seeking customers. This is more than a nifty CNC'd work of art, but a very well thought out product.
This is NOT an adapter! If you're installing a aftermarket steering wheel onto your vehicle you STILL need a steering wheel adatper. This hub fits BETWEEN the adatper and the steering wheel.
- Version 2 has the addition of "paddles" to allow for easier hub release!
- The multiple drillings on the base and the face of the hub mean many different steering wheels (Momo, Sparco, etc.) can be mounted to it (required, sold separately).
- Thickness of 2.25", allows for the wheel position to be located closer to the driver.
- Compatible with Momo and other brand hub adapters (required, sold separately)
- The ball-lock designed system means a ZERO play interface between the steering shaft and wheel (not even the slightest bit).
- A horn can be used, and all wiring is included to do so.
- 615g total weight
- Safety "button" prevents inadvertent release. This safety button can be easily removed to accommodate one-handed steering wheel removal (required in some racing sanctions, as a safety precaution)
- Easy, positive locking system (once wheel is removed, installation can be done with ONE hand!)
Ball-Lock System prevents any and all play between steering wheel and steering shaft.
Removal of this small set screw (with an allen key) allows for removal of the button (no need to depress to remove wheel)