When we fabricated custom suspension parts in the past, we often found that commercially available rod end tube adapters had some shortcomings:
- Small wrench flat (or none at all) at end
- Small contact face for jam nut
These rod ends tube adapters was created with the following features:
- Large wrench flats, close to the jam nut (19mm or 3/4")
- Large face to maximize the surface contact of the jam nut
- Left and right hand thread (left hand has groove)
- Fits 5/8"-18 rod ends
- Steel for easy welding
- Fits 0.75" ID tubes (and matches up to 1.0" OD tubes)
Sold individually. Indicate left or right hand threaded.
Fabrication Tip: Before using these rod end adapter, we find chasing the threads to be beneficial. After welding, slight warpage may occur making the threads very difficult to re-tap from the welding heat. Do NOT cool item artificially (ie. with water) as it can work harden the part making re-chasing threads very difficult. Re-tap after part is cooled to ensure threads are loose enough fit to the rod end or bolt.