These are great for those looking for easier wheel changes. For those going to the track, we recommend our
Street Studs Technical Specifications
- Hardened and tempered to Grade 10.9 class to DIN/ISO 898.
- Max Torque: 180Nm (132 lb-ft) - recommended torque on BMW applications is 80 ft. lbs.
- Black Zinc Plating, for corrosion resistance.
- New! 82mm stud length, with 11mm smooth bullet nose
- 5mm allen key end, for easier installation
- Studs are made with M12x1.5 or 14x1.25 threads. Conical lug nuts sold separately
- Allows for up to 12mm spacer
How much torque is too much torque?
A common question we get is how often should studs last? Perhaps a better answer is the actual inspection of the stud itself. Although a stud may appear "fine", closer inspection may show otherwise.
Below is a picture of a new stud and a yielded stud with a thread pitch gauge, showing that a stud has clearly been over stretched beyond its yield point. It would be a matter of time before this yielded stud would break while being used.
If you're not certain of the condition of your studs, better safe than sorry and replace them with new ones.