Rogue Engineering is proud be an East Coast dealer representing Vorshlag products to our customers. We have had excellent results with these over the last few years without any downsides! Even with the large spherical bearing, our users do not have any clunking or noises after using these for many years.
I don't have a racecar. Why do I need a camber plate?
Most people think that camber plates are only for racecars. This is NOT true. When you lower a car (lowering springs or coilovers), the front wheels naturally get more negative camber...more than the factory designed. While not a huge issue for handling, this can prematurely wear the inside of the tires. Most people don't anticipate the cost of camber plates, until they wind up replacing their front tires in 2000 miles because they've run the insides down to the cords! Only after buying new tires do they realized the requirement of camber plates, to bring their front alignment to factory settings.
There are a few reasons for the use of a camber plate:
- Adjusting alignment specifications back to factory specifications when a vehicle is lowered.
- Adjusting outside of factory alignment specifications, for performance advantages.
For those looking for both street and track advantages, camber plates allow you to have different camber settings (ie. one for track, one for street). Note that these alignment settings require a 4 wheel alignment after installation.
Advantages of Vorshlag
Easily adjust camber trackside with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Oversized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Featuring CNC construction for the bearing holder and main plate, including engraved: hash marks for adjustment and side and front markings.
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible with 2.5”, 2.25" and 60mm “coilover” style springs, OEM style springs, and all strut types.
- Compatible with 2.5", 2.25" and 60 mm coilover springs and all struts.
- Available for various BMW chassis models.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Approximate front camber range is 0° to -3.5°, depending on ride height and spring diameter
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench!
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate. The result is a spherical bearing with considerably better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors plates.
- Designed for maximum suspension bump travel / minimum stack-up height. More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors!
- Coilover perches can use the Vorshlag Race bearings for 5mm less stack-up, for even more suspension travel
- Alloy steel bearing holder - Tough as a German Tank!
- Aluminum alloy main plate for lighter weight, engraved and fully anodized
- All components plated or anodized for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches required. Coilover perches included in the basic price, but OEM style perches are extra (see "Spring Perch" drop down option menu, below).
Please pick the spring perch diameter that works with the springs you have. Coilover springs typically come in one of three diameters: 2.25", 60mm and 2.5". Ground Control coilovers are supplied with 2.5" dia and TCKline supplied coilovers are 60mm dia springs. KWs coilovers tend to be 60mm but some of these and some Bilstein PSS series coilovers use the OEM upper perch (a tapered spring). Z4 non-M's using stock style springs need to select the E36 non-M OEM Perch, while Z4 M's need to select the E46 M3 OEM Perch.